Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ah, memories

At first I couldn’t get the memories of Hawaii out of my head, but now apparently I can’t get them off of my feet either. I came back from a run, took off my socks and shoes, and slowly stretched my tired legs. But what is that on my feet? It looks like some sort of sand. I retraced my running route in my mind. Did I run near a construction site? Was there dust or sand on the sidewalk? Then I remembered that I ran exactly once on our vacation in Maui. And sure enough, it looks exactly like Maui sand. Too bad that my running shoes aren’t ruby slippers that can transport me back to Hawaii. But, lucky for me, I already believe that there’s no place like home, and I’ve found it here.

6 comments:

Jason & Traci said...

Hi Tootie. Thanks for visiting HAYSTACKS. :)
My advice on ASL is to dive in. You seem like a 'Sieze the day!' kind of person.

Bon said...

Just look at it like one of those little touristy bottles of sand they try to sell you ;) You get the reminder and to re-live running on the beach!

btw I'm proud and sort of envious about your ability to NOT make the bed...I just.can't.get.there.

New Girl on Post said...

I love the pic of the sea turtle from several posts back. How was Hawaii? Absolutley faboulous?

Patti said...

dang, too bad!

Patti said...

dang, too bad!

Anonymous said...

You went on vacation and ran? My grandfather used to tell me. "God only gave you so many heart beats - don't wast'em" :)