Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you celebrate with someone you love. Or, at the very least, I hope you celebrate that today is the last day that we’ll be seeing those sappy jewelry store commercials…until at least the Christmas season. This is my third Valentine’s Day with my lovable goof, but the first Valentine’s with him as my husband. Our first Valentine’s was actually in Hawaii (for our friends’ wedding), and he took me as a surprise to a really nice restaurant at the top of a tower that overlooked the beach. He might have been trying to impress me, and if so, it worked. Everything was SO nice that I actually felt nervous that I was going to klutz it all up, by spilling my water or tripping on the way to the bathroom. (I didn’t spill my water, nor did I trip, which made the night a victory.) Last year I didn’t want him to spend a small fortune or a long time looking for a gift. So I told him exactly what I wanted: take-out from Pizza Hut and a small plant (since flowers are ridiculously expensive on Valentine’s). He didn’t disappoint. I got my mushroom pizza and a beautiful tulip plant. And the night was a lot of fun. I have a sneaking suspicion I’ll be celebrating with Husband by watching Lost (one of our favorite shows) tonight, while getting my feet massaged. (Hooray!) And, if I happen to eat some Thin Mints at the same time – then I just might self-destruct from pure bliss. This just might be the best Valentine’s of all.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Happy Valentines Day! My hubs and I both love Lost as well, but we always wait until the DVDs are released to watch.