Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hello, 2009!

I can’t help but get a little sentimental about a passing year. This past year, by almost all accounts, was a great one. In fact, I’d call 2008, the year of dreams coming true. Husband and I moved to a new place, we purchased our first home together, I finished my Master’s degree, I trained for a marathon, and I went on the trip of a lifetime with my mom. My resolutions for 2008 were two pretty big goals: Marathon and Master’s (M&Ms?). I’d call both of them a success, even though the marathon training didn’t turn out how I hoped. I learned a lot through both, most notably that I can accomplish more than I ever thought. (I also learned that knees are vital to the anatomy, but that’s another story.) I’ve been struggling in trying to decide what I want my resolutions to be for 2009. I’d like to pick another big challenge (or two) to focus on, but there’s nothing that I’m really shooting for at the moment. And I guess that’s ok. I’d like to write more, worry less, and enjoy each day. But mostly, I want to be open to what the new year brings. And I start this year feeling both content and hopeful. (Although, if you want to get technical, I’ll probably start the year asleep on the couch next to Husband because I don’t think I'll stay awake long enough to see midnight. Tell me I’m not the only one…)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

don't worry, neither one of us is sure we'll make it to midnight... especially since both our prescription meds for our current illnesses cause drowsiness... :) :)

i can't believe 2008 is over!

Ann M. said...

Lovely post! You're not the only one, I don't think I will make it to greet 2009 til tomorrow either ;)

Annie said...

Happy New Year Tootie!

GypsiAdventure said...

Congrats on completing your two goals for last year (even if the marathon didn't end quite the way you had planned)-they are both incredible accomplishments.
I wish you all the best in 2009!
~K

Anonymous said...

I made it to midnight - it was in my jammies propped up in bed with my laptop. While everyone else was counting down, I was planning my next move to stop the husband's snoring. New Year: Success. Snoring stopping: Fail. I'll take the 50%.

Happy New Year!