Monday, December 29, 2008

A Sweet Christmas

Our Christmas was low-key, relaxing, and enjoyable. It only takes having a few friends deployed to realize how lucky we are to be able to spend the holiday together. And we were equally blessed that some family could visit us. Christmas week seemed to go by so quickly. When I look back, it’s a blur of laughter and (lots and lots of) food. In other words, it was glorious. I’m also impressed that we figured out a way to incorporate sweets as a part of every meal: cinnamon muffins, chocolate chip scones, sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, fudge, chocolate-dipped marshmallows, caramel-covered marshmallows, apricot bread, fried sweet dough, and chocolate cake. That’s not to mention various types of candy, but I’m not sure if this blog post can hold much more sugar. Husband and I have big plans this week of a whole lot of nothing. It will be the perfect time to reflect on all of our blessings of the past year…in between eating the leftover sweets.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

After the busy-ness of the holidays, I like your plans for this week! We're doing pretty much the same thing, a little downtime to reflect and relax. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Unknown said...

WOW-- you are QUITE THE COOK. do you live anywhere near northwest washington because i'd LOVE to learn to cook all those sweets!

thanks for stopping by my blog! hopefully i think of something to blog about soon. :) :)

Annie said...

Sounds like a very good plan. I was reminded of counting our blessings as I remember the deployment date for Soldier Mommy which is racing towards us at an alarming rate.

The Mrs. said...

oooh a whole lot of nothing sounds nice. As odd as it sounds I was actually relieved this week when flyboy went on the road. Its life back to normal. The boys and I have just been bumming it.

I posted a new blurb about my blog makeover and the link for who did it. I would highly recommend her.

New Girl on Post said...

Glad you had a good Christmas! All those sweets sound so tasty.