Thursday, March 6, 2008

Done, and done.

I wrote my last paper today for this grad school term. That makes me officially done! Done, that is, until the next term starts in less than two weeks. Until then, I’ll be celebrating my short-lived freedom by reading books that have nothing to do with theory, law, or anything else of real importance. In fact, I hope to read something totally frivolous, so I can give my tired brain cells a break. On an unrelated note, our plant is also officially done. (Not with school, but with life.) We’ve done everything short of CPR (I’m not even sure how that would work, nor do I want to know), but it’s completely unresponsive. We have a special funeral planned, where Husband and I will both participate. I will gently deposit the plant in the trash, and he will (eventually, after much reminding) carefully deposit the trash in the dumpster. So, so long to this school term and to our poor plant. I’ll miss only one of you. (Sorry, grad school, but it’s not you.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your 2 week vacation! I have a black thumb, too. I only have artificial plants at home now. It's just too depressing for me.

everything pink! said...

way to go runner girl!!!

Britni said...

Congratulations. It's a great feeling isn't it :) Enjoy the break!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing your grad work!

I usually have a dreadful black thumb, but I have one scrappy peace lily named Fidel who's survived five years with me. Poor Fidel has been near death many times, but has always pulled through...