Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Date Night

If there was any doubt that Husband and I are fast approaching the “old married couple” category, I think that our “date night” on Saturday night confirmed it. We wanted to do something, but we weren’t sure what to do. Husband asked if I wanted to go out for ice cream, but I declined, saying that I didn’t feel like it. (There must have been something wrong with me.) But then I offhandedly suggested, “Want to go out and buy some candy?” (Ok, I was back to normal after all.) He agreed, saying that it was a great idea. So we did. We went to Wal-Mart and browsed around the candy aisle, settling on a bag of pretzel M&Ms (for me) and a bag of Reese’s Pieces (for Husband). We looked around the DVD section and then leafed through some magazines. We bought our candy and left. As we strolled to the car, we agreed that it was a surprisingly fun little outing. Then, we spent the rest of the time conversing about whether it’s pronounced “Ree-sez pee-sez” or “Ree-seez pee-seez.” We haven’t decided yet. Maybe we'll figure it out on our next date night, unless we decide instead to go out and play bingo with the rest of our kind.

6 comments:

megan said...

hahaha! This is cute! Reminds me a lot of my husband and I too!

lola said...

I go with Ree-sez pee-sez, personally. I think Reese's is supposed to rhyme with the word we all know how to say -- Pieces! :) At least, that's my logic!

I love the improvised and laid-back date night!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I pronounce it the second way. I think it sounds like it was cute evening!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I pronounce it the second way. I think it sounds like it was cute evening!

Anonymous said...

Pretzel M&M's?!?! I have never heard of such a thing but how can you go wrong with both of those words in the name!!!! Please elaborate. :)

Kathi said...

Sounds like a fun night. :)
Around here its a running joke for all ages that it doesn't count as a date unless you end up in Walmart at one point or the other.
:)