Tuesday, September 9, 2008

McMadness

McDonald’s recently started offering a special deal selling 50 (yes, fifty) Chicken McNuggets. I’m undecided as to what is the saddest part of this scenario: 1) McDonald’s decided that serving greasy McNuggets in quantities of 4, 6, or 10 pieces was not quite enough, and they felt they needed to increase their highest offering five-fold. 2) Husband saw the advertisement for this and said, “What a deal!” 3) I somehow allowed Husband to convince me that we needed to buy this monstrous portion of McNuggets. 4) We ate McNuggets for three straight meals in a row (dinner one day, plus lunch and dinner the next). 5) With those portions, I consumed more Chicken McNuggets in that 48-hour time period than I probably have in the last ten years. 6) The container, the remnants of our McNugget feast, sat on our kitchen counter for five days. 7) When Husband tried to throw it away, I told him that I wanted to take a picture of it first for the blog. (He didn’t even flinch, which shows he’s getting accustomed to the bizarre things I do all in the name of a blog.) Notice I don’t even mention anything about the overload of calories and fat from each greasy nugget. Frankly, I don’t want to do the math, and I would prefer to live in blissful denial about the nutritional value (or lack thereof) from our chicken indulgence.

10 comments:

GypsiAdventure said...

HA...I hadn't even seen this yet, how funny! Ok, it's strange to see it in massive quantities like that, but if you are having a party, you know maybe with kids...I bet it would be a real hit.

~K

Mike Fox said...

If you'd like to know - each McNugget is 46 Calories and about 3g of fat

That would make the bucket of 50 equal to 2,314 Calories and 146g of fat! Luckily that was divided over 3 meals :-)

Britni said...

It's okay. You probably burned off the entire bucket on your long run last week. That's the joy of running.

Anonymous said...

I love that you wrote about this. I saw it too and my first thought, was "eww, gross!" Then, my second thought was, "oh, that would be good for the kids and sleepover friends one day". I don't think I've even 50 McNuggets in the last 20 years even!

Anonymous said...

Wow.

I lived on those things as a kid, but I don't think I've had one in 10 years, at least!

New Girl on Post said...

I just had McNuggets last night, but only six.

I haven't even seen the 50 McNuggets around here yet. That's pure madness!

Angela said...

Oh yes, and my kids just love good ol Mickey Dee's, as they call it... as a vegetarian I haven't eaten the chicken nuggets, but my kids sure can!

Unknown said...

That is hysterical! 50? that's a lot of nuggets. Even funnier that your husband is used to your blogging. I have my hubs trained so well that he will ask, "do you want to take a picture of this for your blog?" He knows my addiction well.

Annie said...

I had no idea. WOW. I mean, that's a lot of pressed chicken flesh fried in grease. WOW!

ROFL!

Kimberly said...

HAHA! I hadn't seen this yet! My husband LOVES these nuggets too!