Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ready, Set, Aloha

We are just about ready to go. If you heard some loud cheering yesterday, it was me. Because I finished ALL of my homework. This term of my grad school is done! We started packing today. So far, it’s pretty easy. Anything that is a bathing suit, tank top, shorts, or sandals went into the suitcase. That leaves a lonely winter parka in the closet by itself. (Don’t feel too sorry for it - it has the company of a couple winter hats as well.) I’m just plain excited. Excited about Hawaii and seeing our friends. Excited about the beach and the beautiful scenery that wows me every time. All of that is a given. But, strangely, I’m also excited because I know when I return I will continue on the path to reaching my goals for this year! I’ll start my very last term of grad school. And I’ll start my official marathon training program. Both goals seem like they are much closer in reach, and it’s both humbling and inspiring. I also know that I’ll have many Hawaii pictures and stories to share with you when I return. In the meantime, have a wonderful couple weeks, and I’ll try to send some warm Hawaii weather your way. (Unless you already have warm weather, and in that case, I’ll try to just send an ocean breeze.) Regardless, a warm Aloha to all!

8 comments:

Ann M. said...

Congrats on finishing your homework and having another term of grad school down!

Have lots and lots of fun on your trip :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on grad school!! I just started my marathon training program on Monday. I'm doing the Marine Corps marathon in October. Eek!!

Anonymous said...

Wow- so glad you're all done! I love Hawaii, so please share lots of pictures when you get back! I need to convince my husband to take me, so I'll show him your posts.

And don't forget to put your favorite swim suit, a fun dress, and a pair of sandals in your carry-on. Take it from someone who learned it the hard way. :-)

tootie said...

All - Thanks for the well wishes!

A,B,&C - I laughed when I read your comment. I had just put my swimsuit and a change of clothes in my carry-on bag. Great minds must think alike ;)

Kimberly said...

Have a great trip! And congrats on finishing up the homework!!

d.a.r. said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Crazy to find another military spouse/grad student :)

Enjoy your trip, it sounds like a blast!

Kristin said...

My husband and I are still debating whether to take our honeymoon in Hawaii or do a Mediterranean Cruise. Please let me know your opinion on the subject when you get back!

Kimberly said...

Sounds like a fun vacation!

There is a little something on my blog awaiting your arrival back!