Sunday, May 4, 2008

Daydreaming


Just writing about Hawaii the other day and reading everyone’s comments has gotten me even more excited about the trip. (If that is even possible, considering the sky high levels of excitement I had before.)

Unfortunately, with Hawaii on the brain, I’m having that much more trouble doing work for my classes. Because it’s much easier daydreaming about the beaches of Hawaii, than say, researching the unemployment rate of Nigeria. (You think I’m joking, but that was actually part of my research. The answer is 5.8%, if you were curious. I didn’t think so. Moving on.)

Anyway, I have quite a bit of schoolwork to do because the term doesn’t end for another couple weeks, and I’m trying to get everything done before the trip. Because writing a term paper doesn’t fit anywhere into my vision of sipping Mai Tai’s on the beach.

But, I’m slowly and steadily getting through the schoolwork. Because though Hawaii gives me a reason to daydream, it gives me an even stronger incentive to get some work done.

And it will all be worth it when I’m basking in the Hawaii sun, eating pineapple, and sitting on the set of the TV show “Lost” ready to make first-ever TV appearance. I know the last one is a stretch. I guess I can’t let all of the daydreaming go.

3 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

Did you take this picture? If so, it's gorgeous! If not...it's still gorgeous!

I'm so jealous of your Hawaii trip! I've always wanted to go there. My family is going for two weeks this summer, but I can't afford to go.

Enjoy your ten days there! And take lots of pics!

Anonymous said...

Just wait until you see the water... it's so clear you can see twenty to thirty feet to the bottom. But I'll stop, since I know you need to get work done. Just think how relaxed you'll be on the beach if you get a lot done before you go.

Jenna said...

You are going to have a blast in Hawaii! If you are adventurous (and if you go to Maui) you should zip line across Haleakala (the volcano)!!!