Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sewing Class


My mom's friend heard that I wanted to learn how to sew, and she graciously offered to teach me. She doesn’t just know how to sew, but she knows how to sew incredibly well and makes all sorts of beautiful things.

Our first class was yesterday. I decided to bring an apple to my teacher. (Remember that tradition?) I had a plain apple, but I decided to put it in a fancy bag. 


She got such a kick out of it. She said, “I love it! You are just like your mom!” 

I took that to be a huge compliment because my mom is always coming up with fun and thoughtful things to give to people.

The class went really well. Our first project is making a simple navy blue skirt. We’re taking baby steps, so we cut out the pattern pieces and pinned them to the fabric. Next week we’ll start sewing the pieces together.

If it comes out well, I’ll be sure to post a picture. (And if it doesn’t, then there will be no photographic evidence and I’ll probably never speak of sewing again.) 

Sew, we’ll see.

3 comments:

Megan said...

That sounds like fun! I took one sewing class, but always wanted to go and take more. Knowing someone personally would be fantastic!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh that sounds like fun! I wish I would have learned how to sew but all I can do is knit.

Amber said...

Haha everything about this post is awesome! I so badly wish I could sew! My mom is great at it but I just never have time to sit down long enough to actually learn anything. Maybe one day...