Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins


This pumpkin muffin recipe is, by far, my favorite fall recipe. I’ve made it 3 times so far this year. In fact, I just made a batch this morning. (I wish you could smell the delicious aroma in my kitchen!)

I’ve made this for a lot of people, and they’ve all raved about it. It’s perfect as a sweet breakfast muffin or as a dessert with ice cream and/or whip cream. 

I wish I could remember where I got the recipe. It’s in my scribbled handwriting on a piece of scratch paper. I’m guessing I found it somewhere on the internet. (If the recipe is yours, please let me know so I can give proper credit!)

Anyway, here’s the recipe:

Pumpkin Muffins

1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of cloves (I’ve omitted this because I keep forgetting to buy cloves)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
 ½ cup oil
1 cup pumpkin (the pumpkin puree in a can)
*chopped walnuts
*semi-sweet chocolate chips
 
Directions:

Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves. In a separate bowl, mix sugar and eggs. Add oil and mix at medium speed for 3 minutes. Add flour mixture, and then add pumpkin. Mix at medium speed until well blended. *Add in chopped walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips to your liking. (I added a small amount of chopped walnuts and a very generous portion of chocolate chips.) Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes 18 muffins.

*Note: the original recipe did not call for chopped walnuts or semi-sweet chocolate chips, but I think this is the key to the muffin!

Enjoy!

What’s your favorite fall recipe? 

5 comments:

Erin said...

I have been in the market for a pumpkin muffin recipe! So I am going to try this one!

Sheila @E2gather said...

Apple Pie, and or apple crisp, but I love me some pumpkin too!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh those look good! I'm loving everything pumpkin right now!

nanny said...

Yum....perfect for these cool fall days...
I can't wait to smell these cooking in my oven!

Stephanie said...

Yum! I am in need of some comfort food, these just might fit the bill!