Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rosemary Bread

Last week, I went to a get-together with some ladies, and my friend brought the most delicious rosemary bread. She said that it was a cinch to make in her bread machine. I could not get this bread out of my head. (No, I did not intend to make that rhyme.) But really, I couldn’t stop thinking about how good it was. Husband had to work last weekend, and I figured that what better way to spend my time than by making some rosemary bread. I found a recipe online, and it turned out to be a winner! I had only used our bread machine once before, but this recipe convinced me that I need to use it more often. In fact, no less than 24 hours after I made the first batch, I made a second. (I feel the need to explain that we gave some away, although I easily could have pigged out on the whole thing myself.) Here is the rosemary bread recipe from allrecipes.com. And in case you can’t access the link: Ingredients: 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast 2 cups bread flour 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon white sugar 1 teaspoon butter, softened 17 tablespoons warm water 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed 2 teaspoons minced garlic Directions: 1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select cycle; press Start. I love that there is only one step to the recipe – easy! We are already thinking about which type of bread we’ll make next. Does anyone have any favorite bread recipes?

3 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I don't think I've ever had it! It sounds yummy!

nanny said...

sounds delicious!!

Oh, My Darling said...

Yum, gotta love rosemary!