Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Like selling candy to a baby

Yesterday afternoon, there was a knock at my door. Standing outside were two young girls with a grocery bag full of candy that they were selling. They must have done their homework, since I’m not only a sucker for kids selling anything, but also for candy.
They weren’t selling the candy for a school or other fundraiser. They were just a couple of little entrepreneurs making the rounds.
The candy was 25 cents, they said, and they showed me a bunch of small sandwich bags with candy inside. I told them that I’d take two small bags of candy: tootsie rolls and taffy.
Except they reached into the sandwich bags and pulled out a single piece of candy. The price was per piece, not bag. “That’ll be 50 cents,” they told me.
I gave them $1, since I didn’t have any change. I said, “You can keep the change,” but I guess it was a little belated since they had already said their quick “Thanks!” and turned to walk away.
So basically, I paid $1 for this:
And, when you consider that we passed out tootsie rolls and other candy for Halloween to the neighborhood kids, I just very well might have paid twice for the same piece of candy. But then again, when you consider that I just made a kid’s day, $1 seems like a very small price to pay.

8 comments:

Skinnie Piggie said...

Haha, kids!
I wonder what they are saving up to buy?

Megan said...

That is hysterical! ....but of course looking at the picture it's a bit pitiful!

Don't feel bad, I love toostie rolls as well!

Sespi said...

LOL... kids are so funny! That reminds me of the little girls who asked if they could take my dogs for a walk. I went with them on a walk that's about 1/4 of what I usually take my dogs on and cleaned up after the dogs. When we got back to my door, they informed me that I owed them $10! I'm not as nice as you... I just gave them some business advice ;)

nanny said...

Wow,,,,,inflation sucks!!!

Jenna said...

Aw, that's sweet! No pun intended!

Until Death do us Party said...

Hey it's Cassandra from Life as an Army Duck I've moved my blog to untildeathdousparty.blogspot.com and will be posting there from now on :-) (Sorry if I've already given you the new link, I have a crap memory lol)

Haha those kids are so funny. I can't say no to anyone especially cute little kids.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Who knows...that could be the tootsie roll that you gave them at Halloween!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

You sure did make their day. I wonder if it was all of their left over Halloween candy?