Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Free Lunch

Who says there’s no such thing as a free lunch? Last week, Husband was coming home from a military trip and he was passing through another city. He and a fellow pilot stopped for lunch at a fast-food restaurant, and they both happened to be in their flight suits. An older gentleman paid for their lunch. Husband tried to politely decline, saying that it wasn’t necessary, but the gentleman insisted. Husband told me this story when he came home, and it truly made my day. I’m thankful for this man for doing something so nice for my husband and for reminding me that small gestures can mean so much!

7 comments:

nanny said...

Sweet man.....bet he served in military too!

Bethany said...

That's awesome. Those kind gestures go a long way!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, that was so nice of someone!

The Undomestic Mom said...

aww I love that! Everyone should treat the military men and women to a meal!

Susan said...

Not long ago, we had someone do that for our breakfast, but have no idea who did it as they asked our waitress to keep it anonymous. It restores faith that there are still some people who have a heart.

Mrs. Ruby said...

Aww...what a sweet gesture! I get so happy when people actually appreciate our military!!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a wonderful example of paying it forward!