Monday, March 8, 2010

Say Cheese

Well, the time has finally come to replace my digital camera. I’ve had it for so long that I’m having trouble remembering when I got it, but it’s safe to say that I’ve had it for about 7 years. I think that in electronic-years my camera is old enough to be in a nursing home! It's a Sony, and I have no complaints about it. Recently, it’s been getting finicky and sometimes takes blurry pictures, but I think that’s only because it’s nearing its expiration. So, I need a new camera. Does anyone have any recommendations?? I’m looking for a small point-and-shoot that takes quality pictures. I’m no camera expert, so something that is easy to use is important. And, of course, if it doesn’t break the bank, that’s even better! Because I’m a big nerd, I’ll have my copy of Consumer Reports magazine with me when I go shopping, but I’d still love to get some recommendations from you. Thank you!

7 comments:

Allison said...

Okay, I have been researching digital cameras for a LONG time...I had a Nikon Coolpix for several years and it was fine, but I wanted something that took better indoor shots and had a wider zoom.

Finally settled on a Fujifilm 72EXR. I LOVE IT. It has a 10x zoom...which is crazy for a small point-and-shoot. It has lots of settings for low light pictures. It's a brand I hadn't really heard much about, but I have been very happy with it.

Here's a link to the description from amazon: http://bit.ly/cxk4lg

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

I don't have a good recommendation for you because my camera is also old as the hills! I'm gonna keep it around until it bites the dust. A friend of mine has I believe a Canon point and shoot that took amazing shots. i'll have to see what kind it was.

southeastcountrywife said...

I have a photographer friend who just bought a happy snapper to chuck in her purse and she loves it (can't believe she can settle for one after her professional camera!!!). Anyway, so because of that, it says a lot to me about how good it must be. It's a Canon Power Shot SD 1200 IS.

Anonymous said...

When I bought my first DSLR, I chose Nikon b/c it would use the same SD cards I already had and I wouldn't need to buy anymore cards. So, what kind of memory card does your current one have? Now, that might seem like a silly way to base a camera choice, but it made good sense to me since I had a small fortune invested in SD cards. Plus it narrowed down the choices alot. I strayed from this method of thinking last year when we went on vacation without a point and shoot and I had to buy one. We liked the Sony b/c of its size and it takes good pictures. BUT that stinking thing takes memory sticks, which was another purchase.

We have an old Canon Powershot that takes good pictures and we gave it to Olivia since she wanted a "grown up" camera.

So, I've had Canon Powershots, which are good, the Sony is good. I had the Kodak something or other and it has never taken good pictures.

Sorry so rambly and probably not much help :)

d.a.r. said...

I really like my Olympus Stylus!

nanny said...

I love my canon powershot!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

For my point and shoot I got a fujifilm and it takes great pictures! I think it's like the j130 or 138. It's lightweight and the battery lasts forever!