Thursday, October 29, 2009

Trick or Treat

The trick’s on us with Halloween candy. First, we didn’t expect it to be so pricey. I wouldn’t mind paying over $5 a bag for candy, if maybe there were more than 3 pieces of candy inside. Husband didn’t believe me, until he saw the prices with his own thrifty eyes. (“Five bucks?? For a dinky bag of candy? That’s robbery!”) Second, we (and by “we,” I mean “I”) decided that it would be better to buy candy that wasn’t our absolute favorite. Otherwise, we (again, meaning “I”) would eat all the candy before Halloween. One type of candy we selected was a humble bag of Starburst gummies. I made the mistake of sampling one, and all I can say is that one bag is almost entirely gone. And it’s not looking good for the second bag either. Do you think the kids will notice when we pass out empty wrappers on Halloween?

5 comments:

Megan said...

Halloween candy is pricy! Two words: Dum-Dums. They are like two dollars a bag at Wal-Mart and there are a ton of them in there!

Allison said...

The candy is pricey. All I can say is they get one piece each! Paul hid the Halloween candy so that I can't eat any of it.

Anonymous said...

I have nothing to say except I'm thinking we have some shared DNA somewhere. And if we stuff your gummy wrappers in my empty M&M packs we might can get away with it.

Jenna said...

LOL!
I agree, the price is outrageous. Not to mention that they seem to (literally) bus kids into our neighborhood! It would cost us thousands! This year were going away on the night of halloween!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! I've totally ate a ton of candy the past two days. The poor trick or treaters won't have anything left.