Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Redneck Car Repair

I have to hand it to Husband. He’s pretty knowledgeable in the car repair category.
Though, he wouldn’t have to know much at all to surpass my limited understanding. The most I can say about car repair involves caveman-like sentences, like “Car broken!”
So, I wasn’t surprised when he said fixed the problem he had with his car window, which had been stuck briefly in the “down” position.
What did surprise me, however, is that the car looked like it was fixed by someone named Bubba or Billy Bob.
Notice how the car door "guts" - for lack of a better word – are clearly visible. If you look closely, you’ll see some scrap wood that is helping to prop up the window, plus some green tape that’s holding up a dangling door handle.
Note that the tape used is not duct tape, which may exempt us from redneck status, but only by a technicality.
I’ll just make sure that Husband doesn’t start parking the car on the front lawn, or I might as well give up and put on my bathrobe and curlers.

10 comments:

corkyshell said...

Hahahahahahahaha. Oh this cracks me up. I am sure you are not laughing, but oh boys will be boys.

Annie said...

But it's fixed...right? LOL!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh girl, that's way too funny! Silly boys.

Tasha said...

Hilarious! Glad the window is fixed even if it does take some spare lumber and tape to do it!

lola said...

hahaha!! Oh my goodness.

Anonymous said...

But he's got tinted windows completely intact that doesn't appear to be of the reflective nature or have nudie girl cutouts...that totally tones down the red of the neck.

Melissa said...

Ah! My window in my car did that too except it got stuck in the upright position and every time I go through a drive through I have to open my door. SO GHETTO.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh my goodness!! Well....I guess it got fixed.

car repair manual said...

Oh my goodness. LOL

Collision Shop Phoenix said...

Congrats! Its fixed now.