Monday, July 27, 2009

Wedding Details

Husband was lucky enough to be able to go to our friends’ wedding while on his military trip (TDY) this weekend. I was sad that I couldn’t make it, too, but I figured at least I could hear all the “details” from Husband. And this is the part where you should laugh at my own delusion. I was conveniently forgetting that this is the same guy who can have a 40-minute conversation with someone on the phone, and when I ask him what they said, he says, “Oh, nothing.” I talked to Husband on the phone right after the wedding, and here’s how the conversation went: Me: How was the wedding?? Husband: It was fine. Me: I mean, what was it like?? Husband: You know, just a standard wedding. Me: Was the reception nice? Husband: Yeah, you know, just the normal dinner and dancing. And here he just described every wedding I've ever attended. When he got home yesterday, I joked about his lack of details, and I said, “I’d ask you about her dress, but you’ll just say it was long and white.” And he said, “But it was long and white!” And so I have no idea: if her dress was strapless, if the groom got teary when he saw her for the first time in her dress, if the toasts were funny or touching, what song they danced to, what color the bridesmaid dresses were, if there were any cute favors on the tables, and much, much more. Thankfully, I’ll get to see my friend (the bride) when she gets back from her honeymoon, and I’m thinking she might have more to say about it than just “it was fine.”

13 comments:

Megan said...

Haha, men just have no eye for the details! When we got married, C's grandmother was unable to attend. When she asked C's dad about my dress he said it was white with a brown belt. There is a picture of my dress on my blog. Great description!

corkyshell said...

Hahahaha, oh he would say the exact same thing. Girls just like details :)

Jenna said...

LOL! I sure hope the bride can provide more insight on the wedding!

lola said...

That so sounds like what Matt would say. I love the comment about "but it was long and white!!" hahah.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha, I love the fact that Matt would probably give the same responses.

Annie said...

Men are just funny that way...

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Haha, that's too funny!

Hallie @ Moxie Wife said...

I was conveniently forgetting that this is the same guy who can have a 40-minute conversation with someone on the phone, and when I ask him what they said, he says, “Oh, nothing.”

Are we married to the same man???

;)

Amy said...

Honestly, I go to so many weddings that they have become such a blur!

Kimberly said...

that is too funny! Next time, send the camera :)

TaraMetBlog said...

lol! I love hearing about wedding details too, so can feel your pain.

The Mrs. said...

doesnt that drive you NUTS?!

someone at work had a baby and I was going to send something in for them. I asked flyboy what did they name it? I dunno. Oh how big? I dunno. girl or boy... I dunno. Ok. nuff said.

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh! Im so glad its just not my husband...goodness, I have to DRAG details out of him. And same goes for a half hour conversation...so what did they say? Nothing really. UGH! hahahahaha