Monday, April 7, 2008

Celebrity Runner

Did you know that I was a celebrity? I didn’t either. But I figured it out on a run last week. I was on the final stretch on my run in our neighborhood, when the paparazzi caught me by surprise and started taking my picture. I didn’t know what to do (be nice and stop to give an autograph?), so I settled on continuing to run. For all the negative things you hear about the paparazzi, they seemed harmless to me. These photographers were two pre-teen girls, who snapped my picture, giggled, and then ran into their house. I think there’s a logical reason for all of this, though. They must have mistaken me for celebrity-runner Katie Holmes, who finished a marathon last fall. We look a lot alike: she with her perfectly manicured hair, stylish work-out gear, and make-up on her face; I with my perfectly unmanageable hair in a sloppy ponytail, mismatched work-out gear (if a ratty t-shirt and old shorts count as gear), and leftover breakfast on my face. I can understand the innocent mix-up. Apparently they figured out their mistake because I haven’t seen any sign of the paparazzi since then. I’m ok with it, though. I’ve grown to appreciate my celebrity non-status. And even my ratty t-shirts, too.

7 comments:

Britni said...

I'm sure you look just as good.

Ann M. said...

LOL, that is too funny :)

And, who cares what you look like? You're out there running. Any normal person looks like crap by the time they're done doing something like that.

wendy said...

That's cute. With a giggly gaggle of teenish girls here with cameras of their own, I can just imagine that happening....

all your running posts are inspiring!

Kristin said...

I realize I'm a little late on this, but I am also SOOOO glad that mustache March is OVER... ugh... glad I'm not the only woman

Sara McCarty said...

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love yours!! I'm coming back here more often! Great to meet another runner and make another online friend. Cheers to us!

Anonymous said...

That is crazy! I'm glad no one pays attention to me when I go for a run ... but I'll have to live vicariously through you as you train for the marathon!

tootie said...

All - Thanks for the supportive comments! I'll wear my non-Katie Holmes gear with pride next time I run :)