Saturday, September 22, 2007

A bargain and a fortune (cookie)

I love good restaurants. And tonight, Wok N' Roll qualified as a good one - a Chinese buffet with its endless supply of fresh sushi. I was in a sushi mood, and you can't beat the 20 pieces I ate for a bargain price of $11.99. Plus, besides sushi - fresh fruit, yummy steamed rice, egg rolls, and, of course, the fortune cookies that signal the end of the dinner. Which brings me to the point of this post... These are the fortunes that awaited us tonight: "Today is a disastrous day. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." Hmm... I did do some running today, which was pretty disastrous in itself, but I don't think that branded the whole day as such. And then: "We treat this world of ours as though we had a spare in the trunk." They do have a point. My trunk has some old books, boxes, a cooler, and a chair - but certainly no world. I don't think either of these qualify as a real 'fortune,' but they made me laugh. So for only $11.99, I got sushi and a laugh. Far from a disastrous day!

No comments: