Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Roasted Chestnuts


I saw this sign today for roasted chestnuts outside a local store.


I have to say that I’m a sucker for: 1) trying new things, 2) things related to Christmas and/or Christmas songs (“chestnuts roasting on an open fire…”), and 3) things that are less than $5.

In other words, I was walking away with a bag of chestnuts.

And the verdict? 

I liked them. They were slightly sweet, although they were a little bit dry. And as weird as it sounds, they sort of tasted like a baked potato.  

Overall, I’m glad I got them. And if I can just find “yuletide carols being sung by a choir” and/or “folks dressed up like Eskimos,” then my life-turned-Christmas-song will be complete.

Merry early Christmas!
 

5 comments:

Sespi said...

I would have tried them too! I've always wondered what roasted chestnuts taste like. And now that I know they taste sort of like a baked potato, I'm even more curious...

Merry Christmas to you too! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I would have picked them up too! Our movie theater in town has roasted/toasted pecans and ooooh they are so good!

Sheila @E2gather said...

I would have done the same thing. I have never had a roasted chestnut either. Thanks for trying and letting me know how they tasted! Merry Christmas to you ; ) XOXO

nanny said...

never tasted chestnuts......I would have bought a bag too...

Hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Ms Jelena said...

I absolutely LOVE roasted chestnuts, they are the best!!! x

http://ms-jelena.blogspot.com