Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving


I never know what to say in response to the question, “What is your favorite holiday?” I love them all. But I think that if I had to rank them, Thanksgiving would be at the top of the list. After all, it combines two of my favorite things – family and food.

Though it may sound corny, I do like reflecting on all the things that I’m thankful for. A lot of the blessings are obvious: Husband and our wonderful families, good health, my faith, a nice home, etc. But then there are also things that are (thankfully) so much a part of my life, that I barely notice: freedom, clean water, education, laughter, and more. 

By the way, I recently read that the original Thanksgiving feast lasted 3 days. So feel free to indulge in more than one day of feasting, just so you’ll be historically accurate, of course.

Happy early Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Thanksgiving is one of my favorites as well! I wish that the dinner could last three days, except it would interfere with my Christmas decorating plans!

nanny said...

I agree with you, families, health, faith and home.....

I've made the muffins twice!! Yummy!

Sheila @E2gather said...

I'm all about being historically correct!