Friday, December 31, 2010

Welcome, 2011!

It’s no secret that I’m a type-A person who just adores making lists and goals. Usually I agonize about what resolutions to make, as I wrestle with a long list of challenging things I want to accomplish. But, this year, I’m taking a different approach. I’ve slowly come to realize that some of the best things in my life that have happened were not things that I methodically planned and listed as a goal. They were things that happened to me without my doing at all, like meeting my husband, making great friends, getting to see family, and having opportunities to serve in the community. This year I’m going to be open to what the year has in store for me. It’s probably a good thing because this year already holds so many things that will be out of my control: where and when we move, when the house will sell, what I’ll do at our new location, etc. It’s a little scary, but also incredibly exciting. Happy 2011!

2 comments:

nanny said...

I hope it all goes very smoothly for you.....sell....move...and be happy!

d.a.r. said...

It's hard just "Accepting" life, huh? I am working on this, too! Hope you are successful this year!