Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving Show-and-Tell

It doesn’t take much for me to get excited about Thanksgiving. What’s better than a holiday spent with family where it’s practically mandatory to eat large amounts of delicious (I hope!) food?
We made our last-minute preparations today, so we’re ready and I’m even more excited.
The meals are all planned. I plan our normal, weekly meals by list, so it’s only fitting that the biggest meal of the year would be planned as well.
And we have plenty of food. The table is (somewhat) ready. I’ve really been on an apple kick this year. I like the look of these apples in my favorite bowl. And best of all, this centerpiece is edible! My sweet neighbor friend, when I lamented to her that stores no longer have any Thanksgiving decorations, let me borrow some of hers, since she is going to be out of town. She let me borrow those pretty placemats… …and these cute hand towels. (The green one says, "give thanks.")

I love having company because it’s a great excuse to splurge on fresh flowers.

Is it Thanksgiving yet??

4 comments:

Solar Powered said...

how fun, I'm usually doing the same but no company this year so I haven't even thought about it.

Anonymous said...

I know - I was frustrated when I went to Hobby Lobby and their Thanksgiving decor was PICKED OVER and the Christmas decor was all up in my face. I might take a page from your book - the flowers look gorgeous!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It sounds and looks like it's going to be a great Thanksgiving your way!

Jen's Farmily said...

I hope everything went well!! We had our fourth (and final!) Thanksgiving yesterday. It was more like a Thanksgiving WEEK for us! :)