Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Say It With Sugar

I got the best surprise this morning.
Husband left for work, and then he came back into the house a few seconds later.
“Did you forget something?” I asked, thinking he forgot his hat.
“Yes,” he said and handed me this. He had bought it for me yesterday and forgot to give it to me.
My heart swooned. Though I do love flowers, I’ll take a bag of candy any day over a floral bouquet. Especially sour patch candy. Especially in a flavor I haven’t tried.
This is the best day. Or perhaps that’s the sugar rush talking.

10 comments:

Allison said...

Aww. What a romantic guy! There is something so charming about a guy knowing exactly what you want.

Annie said...

My Mother-in-law loved that sour stuff. Eww! The children found it hysterical that their grandma was so fond of sour candy. It's a great memory.

Kathi said...

What a sweet gesture...lol, no pun intended.
Its a good feeling someone "really" knows you.
Have a happy thursday!

Kathi

Sespi said...

Oooh, those are so good! I ate a bag of those while I watched Eat, Pray, Love last weekend!

Tasha said...

Yum! That's really sweet of him! Y'all are too cute!

nanny said...

How sweet....(hubby)
But candy is too/ha
Love sour patch...makes my mouth water just thinking about them!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Candy is definitely the way to my heart too!

Kitty Deschanel said...

That is my kind of romance! My husband learned early on that I would much rather have candy than flowers :)

CLR said...

Those are my FAVORITE sour patch kids! Ugh, now I want some!

d.a.r. said...

So sweet! Now that is romance :)