Monday, February 23, 2009

Come Back, Girl Scouts!

After our initial visit from the Girl Scouts, we’ve been anxiously waiting for our cookies to arrive. Husband and I made sure we set aside $7 in cash, specifically for our Girl Scout cookies. We rarely have cash on hand, and we want to be prepared for our delicious cookies! The $7 happens to be sitting on our bathroom counter. (Why we chose that location, I’m not sure.) I see the money at least twice a day: once in the morning when I’m getting ready for the day and once in the evening before bed. The problem is that I’m having a reaction like Pavlov's dogs each time I see the money. I immediately start salivating for Thin Mints. What’s worse is that we haven’t heard anything from the Girl Scout that sold us the cookies. I know that the cookies have arrived in the area, but I’m not sure why we haven’t gotten ours yet. I’m hoping that they’re just busy, and we’ll get them soon. Yesterday we saw a group of Girl Scouts selling cookies outside of the grocery store. I asked Husband if he had any cash on hand, so we could buy a box or two. He had nothing. Because the cash is sitting on our bathroom counter. I’m sure there’s some irony there, but I’m too busy trying to find another group of Girl Scouts…and some cash.

8 comments:

Joanne said...

The wait will be worth it, that's for sure!

GypsiAdventure said...

Oh I just LOVE girl scout cookie season..I swear I gain 5lbs everytime I go to the store, but hey, thin mints are SO worth it!! :)
~K

Britni said...

I always love getting Girl Scout cookies in front of the grocery stores and have not seen any recently! So sad!!!

all i need is love... said...

I love girl scout cookies! I bought 6 boxes of Caramel Delights, Thin Mints, and Lemonades, last week and I'm down to 1 box!

I did it all on my own too.... :(

Miss. Beach Bound said...

I had your same dilemma! I bought some from a lady at work and she e-mailed me and said she would bring them by one day (she works in another building). A week went by and she never came, and every time I went in and out of Wal-Mart the Girl Scouts would be there selling cookies, but the only cash I had on me was the cash I was keeping to pay her when she finally came. She did, and the cookies are gone now!

The Mrs. said...

so your stalking the girl scouts the way im stalking the easter candy? good to know good to know.

hope you get your cookies soon!

Erin said...

I think you have some slacking girlscouts on your hands. That is not cool!!

j3k said...

If you ever get in desperation for a thin mint cookie....Keebler makes a cookie called "grasshoppers" they taste identical to the thin mint cookies from girls scouts!!! That helps tide me over in the 11 months between sales.