Monday, October 8, 2007

the offer

I turned down perhaps the most enticing offer I’ve had all week. It was just a simple question that Husband asked:

“Do you want to go to Barnes and Noble?”

That’s like asking a starving child if she wants to go to the candy store. Almost all of my being wanted to jump and shout “Yes!” – just like I normally do. But, somehow the rational side of me prevailed. You know, the annoying, adult-minded side that says: “you can’t read for fun when you have finals in just 2 days.”

Sigh.

I’m telling myself it’s not rejection – just postponement – of the offer. So, I’ll be there…on Friday.

In the meantime, I'll be studying for finals (hopefully), anticipating my trip to Barnes and Noble (most definitely), and figuring out how to silence the "adult-minded side" of my brain for next time.... Any ideas??

No comments: