Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I’m not sure how I got so lucky, but I have the most wonderful mother. With the way that we chat together and laugh together, I have to remind myself sometimes that she is the same person who used to tell me to stand up straight (which I do!) and not just my lifelong friend (which she is!). I also think that I somehow hit the “mother” lottery because my mother-in-law is also one of the kindest and most thoughtful people I know, and we hit it off on day one. I feel fortunate to have no idea what people are talking about when they tell mother-in-law jokes. Big hugs today to these two amazing ladies in my life. Happy Mother’s Day!

2 comments:

Megan Writes said...

It's always good to get along with your MIL :) Mine can be nice, but sometimes we have a falling out. I think she thinks I "stole" her son away, even though he's been on his own since he was a teen. Sigh, go figure.

I hope you had a good weekend!

nanny said...

Oh.....so sweet! I know they treasure you too!