Although we’ve been lucky enough to go on some great vacations together, Hawaii just might be our favorite. It has everything: beautiful scenery, gorgeous flowers, tasty food, lots to do, and the warm air with the cool breeze.
Specifically, I loved:
- seeing our friends and being part of the baptism.
- eating sushi, especially at the restaurant where you can pick any sushi you want off of the moving conveyor belt (!) in front of your table.
- shopping at the swap meet – in a huge stadium - for bargain souvenirs.
- eating pineapple that is so fresh and sweet that it tastes like candy.
- swimming with the dolphins! I wanted to do this for so long, and it was worth the (cough, cough) expensive price. I know I will be talking about it for years to come. (By the way, it was at the sealife park that I think is the one featured in the movie “50 First Dates.”)
- finding the set of the TV show Lost! (And, of course, taking lots of pictures and then blogging about it.)
- hanging out on the beach.
- eating at a delicious Asian restaurant that our military friend said was his favorite when he was stationed in Hawaii.
- seeing the huge turtles on the beach.
- malasadas, the hot donuts that became our obsession.
- going to a luau and watching the fire show.
- exploring the island and gawking at the beautiful scenery.
Is it possible to be jealous of your past self? If so, I’m envious of the girl that was just getting ready to go on this trip last year!